Tuesday, March 24, 2009

brakes are for woosies mondays.

Ive been rideing brakeless for a long time now, and I forgot how easy it is. This is probably why my calves look like watermelons. Anyhow, I put a brake on for polo this sunday because I was running a freewheel. That being said I DEFENITELY reccomend a brake for polo, fixed or free. When you see someone heading to your goal with the ball you dont want to go it slow just so you dont skid/ghost ride into the wall.

I was bruised and drunk after polo this sunday so I didnt take off my polo wheelset and switch it ovet to my commuter wheelset till the morning. Groggy and hung over, of course I didnt bother taking off the bar end plug and grip to take the brake off as well. OH MY GOD. What sheer luxury to be able to slow down without tearing my calves apart in the a.m . 

I finally made the leap to chop-n-flop bullhorns today. I had a pair laying around the a I made for a friend that he recently gave me back and some eai cloth tape that I felt really horrible about using on polo mallets (comfy!) so I wrapped them up and stuck 'em on. My first experience on fixed gear was on TT bullhorns which are much longer and had bar end brake levers. Beind my first fixed gear experience, I was really relying on the brake and beinf that far forward on oversized bars with thick "cork" tape hurt the fuck out of my wrists and hands. Well I'm glad to say the cnf bullhorns are right on. not to wide, not to thick, and not to long. I do think I want some real ones from urbane though. I kinda want to run a front brake. Im WAYYY to fuckin fast on these.

No comments:

Post a Comment