Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Call me when it's over.

Winter has been kicking my ass this year. I've been sick for about 60% percent of it, and I dont have anything resembling cold weather cycling clothes or even fenders. This combined with the fact that my boss so generously decided to give me free metropasses for 5 months of winter means I have not been on the bike near as much as I'd like too. Also, I'm dirt poor and dont have money for tires that arent slicks (shutup tom). But change is in the wind, spring is coming and it's time to start commuting in a way that won't make me want to kill everyone in half an hour. So, you may be wondering, what do you do if you can't ride and want to badly? OBSESS OF COURSE. In the last month ive tried about six handlebar/stem combos trying to find the perfect fit and I landed right back where I started at short riser stem and chopped riser bars. I still want a new stem as my current was a crap metal no name that came with the bike. Bmx for sex please.

I'n other news, my polo bike is "almost" complete. I'm getting a new wheel this week thats going on my commuter, and the polo is getting the hand me downs. I dont know how this happened, but it has got to be the ugliest bike ive ever seen.  It will work, acceptably, for a polo bike a least. It  needs a new BB, new cranks, new headset, etc. etc. I happen to know next to nothing about headsets and BB's so im in for a fun time fixin this up. There goes all my pride in myself for learning how to repair/dismantle/rebuild my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment